The Postal Regulatory Commission (PRC) approved the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) proposal for five promotional programs aimed at increasing mail volumes by offering incentives to mailers. These promotions will be available during the calendar year 2016. The Mobile Barcode incentive was introduced in 2011 and these USPS promotional programs have been offered every year since then. The five 2016 promotions are:
- Earned Value Promotion – April through June 2016 – First-Class Mail® only, and builds on the success of previous years promotions. The promotion is in the form of a credit on qualifying BRM/CRM reply pieces, which can then be applied to postage for future mailings. Details on the eligibility and enrollment for this promotion can be found in the guide posted on the USPS RIBBS web site.
- Personalized Color Transpromo Promotion – July through December 2016 – nly available for First-Class Mail. Added this year is the requirement that the color message must either address the recipient by name or contain information relevant and specific to the recipient. The USPS posted a guide on the RIBBS web site with further details on the eligibility and enrollment for this promotion.
- Emerging and Advanced Technology/Video In Print Promotion – March through August 2016 – available for both First-Class Mail and Standard Mail®. Added this year is an A/B testing option, which allows mailers to test customer response rates to mailpieces featuring the qualifying technology compared to customer response rates to mailpieces without the qualifying technology. For more detailed information on the eligibility and enrollment requirements, mailers can visit the USPS RIBBS web site.
- Tactile, Sensory and Interactive Mailpiece Engagement Promotion – March through August 2016 – USPS recognizes that advanced print innovations are distinct from the more digitally focused technologies addressed by the Emerging and Advanced Technology/Video in Print Promotion, so this is offered as its own promotion for 2016 and is available only for Standard Mail. As with the other promotions, a detailed guide is posted on the USPS RIBBS web site.
- Mobile Shopping Promotion – March through August 2016 – Promotion encourages mailers to integrate mobile technology into their direct mail during the 2016 holiday season. This promotion is available only for Standard Mail. Visit the RIBBS web site for a detailed guide on this promotion.